<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mintandgrey.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
PERICHARMED: Nars Chihuahua Lipgloss and Deep Throat Blush

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nars Chihuahua Lipgloss and Deep Throat Blush


This is perhaps the only Lipgloss I own from Nars that is full sized. It's called Chihuahua.

I never really knew what the brand "Nars" is until I started watching YouTube. There's the usual Estee Lauder, Clarins and Dior (to name a few or the "Grandma" brands as I like to call it), that are available and widely know and are often seen in major stores. This is before Sephora.

My first purchase from this brand is "Orgasm" blush and ever since then, Nars have become one of my favorite staple as it is of great quality. The downside is the price, it is too luxurious. So if I really want to indulge, I'm happy to stop by my local The Bay stores, who sells the brand and purchase anything I like.



I was really surprised that Nars would name this lipgloss after a dog. I mean what is so "Chihuahua" about this gloss? Nevertheless, I love the pigmentation of it. I may not love the taste but the application of it on my lips garners an 'A+'. It's a very muted taupe/pink, which looks great on every lips. When applied, it looks almost identical to your lips but with a feminine touch. It is so sheer with a hint of shimmer, very nude-ish, as well as it being moisturizing, which is the opposite of most of the Nars' lip glosses as some really chips out and dries my lip as soon as applied. It is also not as sticky, I find that Chihuahua's formulation gives enough tackiness but not too much that your hair sticks unlike most of MAC's lip glosses. I'm really looking forward into trying some other lip glosses from Nars.




But if I was to purchase another, what would you recommend?

I have some mini lip glosses from the previous holiday collection that I despise, especially "Orgasm" lip gloss. This is the only one I truly love. I also was thinking of getting "Turkish Delight" but I felt it too light for my skin tone that it would make my lips look like I am sick. Do you really think it's worth it?





Deep Throat is another blush that I truly love from Nars. It is tame, timid, and shy - if ever this blush has a personality. It's not as bright and as scandalous as 'orgasm' but it is more subtle and natural looking on skin. To sum it up, Deep Throat is a muted version of Orgasm, mauve with gold shimmer.






What's great with Deep Throat is that it is very build-able, meaning it can be applied lightly or heavily. With a light hand, it gives my cheeks a sheer glow, while my cheeks transforms into a lovely natural flush if applied heavily. It is a color that compliments every skin tone so it is a must have into your daily makeup routine. I must admit, I'm a fan of the name because it is very upfront but that is who Francois Nars is - blunt.





The next Nars Blush I'm thinking of buying are Sin and Mata Hari. Aside from Deep Throat, I have Gilda, Orgasm, Angelika and Desire.

What are your favorites?

xoxo
Lovely Ava

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonjour Beaut said...

Awesome post . I LOVE NARS ! Laguna bronzer is my ultimate favourite .

www.bonjourbeaut.blogspot.co.uk

x

May 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Spammers are not welcome! unless of course it's SPAM

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home